Electricity is considerably a power source that tempts various appliances and electric items to work automatically without any manual involvement. Though electricity acts as an efficient source of energy, its quite dangerous to touch it directly. Its always recommended to call a certified and licensed electrician Toronto for every electric installation. As in today’s lifestyle, DIY solutions for every problem are followed by home-owners to avoid calling professionals. But it isn’t right to follow the do-it-yourself electric practices, due to life safety measures. It would be wise to call upon an emergency electrician, in case any urgent repair comes up.
Few situations that need electric repairs are:
1. Smoking outlets : An electric outlet consists of switches and sockets. If this outlet starts smoking, turn off the electric supply of a home urgently. This situation is very dangerous and can lead to a fire hazard. To act quickly, shut the circuit breaker and contact an electrician service immediately. In case, there are flames in the outlet, call the fire brigade and neighbours for help.
2. Exposed wires : Exposed or naked electric wires are life threatening. Always keep a distance from them, especially the naked and high voltage ones. Don’t offer DIY repair to such cables as they can be dangerous. Possibly, there are chances that live wires may spark which can give a bad shock. Therefore, whenever you notice an exposed wire or cable, immediately turn off the circuit breaker. Don’t attempt any repair, until you are sure that the breaker you turned off is associated to the specific wire. Instead, call an electrician for effective repair.
3. Isolated power outage : In major electrical issues, a home may lose its electricity power, while rest of the locality remains unaffected. Don’t panic in such situations. Just check the main source of electric supply, turn it off and on again. If nothing happens, then hiring a 24 hours emergency electrician Toronto can save your day.
4. Wires in water : Basement flooding or roof leakage can lead to a situation where wires may get wet or evenly sit in water. Follow the necessary precautions, as there is a great risk of electrocution. Keep your family members and children away from the spot and cut the power source of the home, until the wires dries up. If current or sparks still persists, call an electric contractor to look into the matter.
5. You feel unsafe or uncertain : If the power voltage fluctuates frequently or your home electricity is coming and going, then you may not be in safe condition. Either there is something wrong or there will sooner be something wrong. Don’t wait for an incident to happen, call an electrician right away to ensure your family’s safety.
These were the few problem areas which should be dealt by an electrician. Power is not a game, so don’t ever try to experiment your life by offering DIY repairs. Elcolem is a leading electrical company that offers wide range of electric installation and inspection services including emergency repair solutions in Toronto.